142 N. 7th Street. Original Froelich Bros. branch c. 1920, five years after purchase by Virginia-Carolina Supply Company. As the company expanded, it consolidated all branches under Tomlinson Co., Inc. in 1922. The Philadelphia branch was eventually moved to N. 10th Street. Froelich was an old and well-established supply company which had operated at this location since the 19th century.
What was 142 N. 7th Street.
3650 N 10th Street. Second Phildelphia Tomlinson Company Branch. This branch was likely built by Tomlinson about 1925. It's unknown precisely when this branch closed. But it may coincide with the relocation of key executives out of Philly about 1940. It was certainly closed by 1950. One of only three branches to close before the sale of the company in 1980
3650 N 10th Street. Loading dock.